Online Privacy Statement Policy
Smallwood Corporate Housing is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. Smallwood is committed to using our guest’s information in a responsible manner. Smallwood is committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws. The following Privacy Statement explains and outlines the information we collect, our methods of using it, and how our handling of this information will enhance your experience on our websites and throughout the duration of your relationship with us. The information provided below will help you make informed decisions while conducting business with Smallwood. Smallwood is fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personally identifiable information furnished by, or collected from visitors while using our websites and services. Smallwood collects information concerning our guests and our website visitors so we are able to provide an experience which responds to our guests and visitor needs.
Methods & Types of Information Collection
Smallwood does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse Smallwood Corporate Housing websites unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information to us as in an inquiry or contact form. In other words we won’t know your name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information simply because you browsed the Smallwood Corporate Housing website.
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, state photo identification card, DOB, social security number for background checks, credit card number for payments and room preference and other related information to process your reservation. We may collect some of this information over the phone initially if you called us, in the form of an inquiry thru our website or in a document send via RightSignature.com. RightSignature.com is a safe and secure way of collecting sensitive information upon your reservations process request.
Use of Information
Smallwood will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to ensure and promote the business relationship that you wish to establish with Smallwood Corporate Housing.
Smallwood may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer’s or any third party’s travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of Smallwood require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services);
- in the event Smallwood is merged with or acquired by another company;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, and otherwise as we believe is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate our website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual;
- to perform follow up calls or emails in regards to an inquiry for furnished housing initiated by yourself or your agent acting on your behalf.
If information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use of Email
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We will also use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them or as we bill you;
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys;
- send you renewal information for your stay and
- send you property calendar events.
As part of our commitment to keep you up to date and informed we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to confirm your departure date, renewals, extensions, follow ups, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new Smallwood products and services, or upcoming Smallwood special offers, events, enhancements, property residential/ guest events or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfill transactions and services that you request. Such as work orders or a utility repair, etc.
Data Across International Borders
Smallwood respects the privacy of personal data it collects from international inquiries and guests from other countries. You reserve the right to request a copy of data collected or request that it be deleted after it’s intended use. Your personal data would only be used for the intended purpose of contacting you with leasing information and rates or actual reserving of a furnished housing accommodations.
It is Smallwood’s intent and one of our missions to keep your personal data information accurate, complete, and up to date for the intended purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete, you can contact us with the request to correct, update, delete or deactivate it either by emailing us or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request.
To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material:
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or
- Call 1-800-414-2336, or
- Send an email with your current contact information to email@example.com, or
- Send a request with your current contact information to:
Smallwood Corporate Housing
4455 Camp Bowie Blvd. #114-150
Fort Worth, TX 76107.
Smallwood will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take approximately six weeks to make the requested change and, until that change takes effect, you may still receive promotional information from us.
Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on;back up; systems or within log files due to technical constraints, or financial or legal requirements.
Smallwood recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. Once information reaches Smallwood, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of Smallwood. All Smallwood owned websites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including encrypted reservations and data storage software, RightSignature.com for document information transmissions and HTTPS for secure website server ID. The use of these services allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your personal data from interception and hacking while in transit.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It assigns the computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to an Smallwood website.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our website. Smallwood cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- they remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content;
- they ensure you obtain all requested information; and
- they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Smallwood cookies are limited to our websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the internet after leaving Smallwood websites. We track the usage of our websites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to Smallwood cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Smallwood is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in various ways. Depending on the type of browser you use, you may be able to configure it so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your Web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our websites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Links To Other Web sites
In order to anticipate your needs, Smallwood may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Smallwood is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while Smallwood will protect your information on Smallwood owned and operated websites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites, including Websites owned or controlled by independent franchisees or third party owners of residence properties that may use the name of an Smallwood brand, or websites not controlled or authorized by Smallwood. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.